This is the home page for the webdav context. This page is
Tomcat includes built-in support for WebDAV level 2, which
enables remote authoring of the website. You can test these capabilities
using a WebDAV client like MS WebFolders (included with IE 4.0 and up),
MS Office 2000, DAV Explorer (others are listed on the webpages linked
below), and point to the /webdav path of the server.
This test context is DAV enabled, but has been set up in
read-only mode for safety reasons. It can be put in read-write mode by
editing the web application descriptor file (WEB-INF/web.xml).
To add remote authoring to your web application, you need to make
the following changes:
- Add the webDAV servlet to your web application. See the web
application deployment descriptor for an example. Don't forget to make
- Add a servlet mapping for the webDAV servlet with a url
pattern of "/webdav/*" to your web.xml.
- Add an appropriate security constraint to prevent unauthorised
changes to your web application.
- You can then edit your web application using a webDAV client
using a url like http://host:port/webapp/webdav
Working WebDAV clients include :
- Adobe GoLive 5.0 (and other WebDAV-enabled Adobe products,
- Cadaver 0.15
- DAV Explorer 0.60 and 0.70
- Internet Explorer 5 (Windows 2000)
- Internet Explorer 5.5 (Windows 2000)
- Jakarta Slide 1.0 WebDAV client library
- Office 2000 (Windows 2000)
- SkunkDAV 1.0
- Xythos Drive
Copyright © 1999-2001 Apache Software
All Rights Reserved